Gathered Fragments 2018 Released
The fall 2018 issue of Gathered Fragments was recently published. Articles in this issue:
- Beacon in the Dark, Part 2 by Sister Mary Mark Mullen, CSJ
- Flying Tigers, ‘Warphans,’ Homeward Bound: Historical Background for the Sister Mary Mark’s Beacon in the Dark, Part 2 by Kathleen M. Washy
- The Vocation Office of the Diocese of Pittsburgh Marks 70 Years by Rev. Michael R. Ackerman
- The Visit of a Future Pope to Pittsburgh by John C. Bates, Esq.
- Beyond the Card Catalogue: A Tour of the Vatican Library by Rev. Aleksandr Schrenk
- Catholic Higher Education: Its Origins in the United States and Western Pennsylvania by Michael T. Rizzi, Ed.D.
- Eleanor McCann: A Life of Librarianship and Service by Sara Baron, Ed.D.
- Portraits of Catholics with Western Pennsylvania Connections: The Famous, the Forgotten, and the Unknown by John C. Bates, Esq.
- The Archives of Seton Hill University by Bridget Malley
- Martyrs in Desire: The Story of Passionist Fathers Godfrey Holbein, Clement Seybold, Walter Coveyou, and Constantine Leech by Katherine Koch
- The Legacy of Monsignor Andrew Arnold Lambing 1842 – 1918 by Rev. Aleksandr Schrenk
- Special Feature: Celebrating Lay Apostolate History in the Diocese of Pittsburgh: The New Evangelization: Role of the Lay Apostolates by Rev. Joseph M. Mele, Ph.D. and Lay Apostolates Reach Out in Prayer and Service by Sharon Serratore